A number of congregations of The Presbyterian Church in Canada were started in Vancouver in the 1890's, including St. Andrew's and St. John's. In 1925, these two congregations voted to become part of the new United Church of Canada.
Members from both of these congregations who desired to continue in a Presbyterian tradition formed a new congregation, Central, and purchased the Congregational church building on Thurlow Street.
In 1975 St. Paul's Hospital wanted to expand, and purchased the property from Central Presbyterian, and the congregation built a new facility across the street on the west side of the street.
Return to home page